college size at-a-glance:
- small colleges = less than 5,000 students (usually private)
- medium-sized colleges = 5,000 to 15,000 students
- large colleges = more than 15,000 students
- extra-large colleges = more than 30,000 students!
pros and cons of each size:
- small colleges = small class sizes, accessible professors, easy to find/make friends. smc has about 850 students and is a small college.
- medium colleges = less cozy, but may have more courses/majors. class sizes will be larger.
- large/extra-large = may be overwhelming but offers lots of social activities, big-name athletics, huge classes with hundreds of students (less professor attention).
which is right for you?
see as many college campuses as you can to see what feels best. and if you need any help planning for school visits, feel free to send us an email or give us a call.
find out if smc is right for you and come visit us anytime!
since 1911, spartanburg methodist college has been dedicated to offering an affordable, private, christian-centered education to students of all religious and non-religious backgrounds.
as a two-year college, our specialty is helping high school students transition successfully into the college environment. your first two years of college count at smc, where you’ll receive an associate degree in one of six program areas. earning an associate degree means you’ll have a college degree after only two years. your degree coursework will then easily transfer to nearly any major at four-year colleges and universities across the state and nation, where you’ll enter as a junior.